HybridZ

2nd Z

frosty383

need some input. I picked up this cherry 1970 240Z from a good friend of mine. motor in it is an L28 out of an 83 ZX. as far as I can see its got a diesel crank, steel headgasket stock t3 turbo (open down pipe) some aftermarket front mount cooler and internal wastgate, OHH and a haltech:icon6:.

this little gem I will keep but would like to do away with the stock T3 and internal wastegate setup so I can get a T04E with an external wg and then have a 3" exhaust installed. what do you think of this turbo on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170284706165&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

and what WG would you recommend?

thanks johnny from miami, Fl

Definitely a "made in china" specialty. Everyone knocks them as being super low quality and comes to the conclusion that you are just throwing money at something that is going to be temporary and eventually grenade. The consensus is to put that money towards a nice Garrett or Holset, but there are a few people who have gone against the grain. The decision is yours, but with a set-up like you have I would go with the quality part rather than "cheaping out" on something else, especially when you already have a turbo that is functioning well for the time being. The most important thing is to set a goal for your horsepower, come up with a budget, and adjust the two so that you can have a reliable system that will uphold the both.

Lets see some pics of your Z! :)

How much boost are you currently running?

Inetercooled?

Just as a side note, this would ideally fit in the turbocharger/supercharger section rather than the L6 forum.

Definitely a "made in china" specialty. Everyone knocks them as being super low quality and comes to the conclusion that you are just throwing money at something that is going to be temporary and eventually grenade. The consensus is to put that money towards a nice Garrett or Holset, but there are a few people who have gone against the grain. The decision is yours, but with a set-up like you have I would go with the quality part rather than "cheaping out" on something else, especially when you already have a turbo that is functioning well for the time being. The most important thing is to set a goal for your horsepower, come up with a budget, and adjust the two so that you can have a reliable system that will uphold the both.

Lets see some pics of your Z! :)

How much boost are you currently running?

Inetercooled?

Just as a side note, this would ideally fit in the turbocharger/supercharger section rather than the L6 forum.

thanks for the input. heres a pic of the car.

100_0380_thumb.JPG