HybridZ

any parts needed to be fabbed?

inlawZ

After working on my Z for 2 years i finally realized how dumb i've been. My dad owns and runs his own machine shop and i have not utilized him at all. So my car is almost done and i don't need any parts made, however i would love to help out all the other Z heads out here. I know there are a lot of simple parts people need like throttle body spacer for 60mm tb and random stuff like that. so here's my suggestion, anybody that has something that is needed to be fabbed, please PM me and let me know what it is and if possible send me a blue print with accurate measurements and type of metal you need. He doesn't really like to do just 1 part but if a few people need it then we can probably do something for a real affordable price.

I'm not too savvy with types of metal and blueprints, but my dad would want specifics so please feel free to let me know, the worst thing that could happen is he can't do it and will let me know right away.

60mm tb spacers should be simple enough. what kind of metal do they normally use for those? should aluminum be okay? is there anything special on them for hoses or stuff like that? or is it just a 1 inch spacer with matching 60mm opening and the 4 bolt holes?

Okay... I'll ask.

What about some parts for an Alpha 1 and other GTO kits? I need the stainless steel trim for the headlight covers and the oval grill ring. A pair of Ferrari fender badges in SS would be really nice too. The latter could have the different colored sections of the cloisenne CNCed as in "paint-by-number" style so the buyer can DIY the paint and have a really nice set of SS Ferrari fender badges instead of the cheesy stickers.

I can send you rough templates for mine that will work well for fit accuracy.

A caveat regarding the first two parts: The various kits may have slightly different sizes/shapes... maybe 2-3 differing styles? The fender badges will all be the same and the buyer can tweak the curvature (befor painting) for exact fit.

• 1 month later...

Hey maybe you can help me? Im restoring a 73 240z which fortunately or unfortunately has some custom body work adding some skirts which I like and extending the rear end(im not to fond of this). The work looks as if it was done at the factory which had made it a nightmare to find this one piece that bolts onto the chassis along with the under/lower part of the fender. I have one side but missing the other. Was wondering if your dad could fab something like this .attachment.php?attachmentid=8581&d=1218603457I have attacted pictures of the part as well as a side shot of the car.attachment.php?attachmentid=8580&d=1218603457

Okay guys i want to apologize about not having updates. I have been extremely busy with my swap (l28et) but my dad has been effected by the economy and cannot do my little side projects right now. I will keep you all updated when i have a chance to progress. If anyone has a 60mm spacer or a blueprint of one that would be great, because it is a simple piece i can do those myself. i just don't have anything to go off of as for measurements. Please pm me if you have a blueprint, if someone has one i can borrow as a model i can pay for shipping and will ship it back as soon as i get all the measurements.