HybridZ

MSnS V2.2 identification

Nizm0Zed

ok fellow squirters (that sounds so rude huh :mrgreen:)

I have bought myself a MS V2.2, got it cheap from someone who has no idea.

from the info given to me by them, it has never been fitted or powered up, and was for a 4 cylinder turbo, with either reluctor or hall ignition.

other than that, the PO has no idea. he got it with a box full of stuff in an unfinished project.

its going on the mighty L28, fitted with custom injection (injector details to be finalised) using a L28 electronic ignition, and single coil, through the dizzy cap.

It'll also have a GT3271R turbo off the hot side.

I am now considering maybe fabbing up a proper crank angle sensor, blocking off the dizzy and running either waste spark, or full on independant coils, now i have seen that awesome EDIS post.

maybe that'll be a good later on project huh.

now, i have been having a good look around, trying to nut out what i have.

I have read that there are some hardware options that enable or disable certain things.

now, i still currently have no idea (but im reading and learning)

So, if i post up some pictures, perhaps someone could tell me how its configured, Or at least, if the current hardware configuration will work on my new setup.

thanks, Alan.

18122008187nu2.jpg

18122008189uv4.jpg

18122008190uk6.jpg

18122008191uk6.jpg

As Matt says, it is not set up for spark. You will typically see some components added near the three LEDs if it is set up for spark. The two power resistors are interesting. The trigger circuit appears to have been changed just based on those being installed. I would go through the v2.2 assembly guide and make sure it is built like a standard v2.2 board if it was me. That is the easiest way to know what you have, make sure someone didn't install components wrong and become more familiar with megasquirt. Or, if you have a stim board, hook it up and see if it works.