HybridZ

AAHHH!! Voltage spikes, now its dead.

Flexicoker

That looks JUST like the graph of a car I'm tuning. I don't have access to the car right now or I'd try the flyback noise reduction mod, I think that's what it is. This is the beginning of a 1/4 mile run, it's a TBI(2 low-z injectors) 305/700r4. You can see the voltage spikes triggering AE.

88ws6dragstripgraphvv6.png

A glimmer of hope!!!!

I changed the injector characteristics to high-Z, and drove around a little, it seemed to make a difference in the battery voltage. I still got some occasional large, isolated spikes, but overall it seemed way steadier. I didn't get on it very hard though to keep the DC low, because I hadn't installed the dropping resistors. I think I'm going to do the resistors and stop messing with PWM.

VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wired up some resistors, ran the injectors as high-Z, and the voltage spikes are officially cured. Thanks to everyone who has helped!! I would have been lost by myself.

jeffer, which components did you bridge? And what does that do? More current to the injectors?

I think that web site i posted really hit the head with the separate power and ground lugs and the mod on the back of the board. I know mine was realated to my msd box but I still like the assurance that my voltage doesnt fluctuate so i know that im getting a consistent metering of fuel

that was going to be the next thing I try if the injector resistors didn't work. On my last datalog the voltage fluctuated from 13-15v, but it did it smoothly, and I think it was just due to the alternator and current draw, so I'm going to leave it alone and just play with the voltage compensation a little if I need to.

It seems to run alot better now, it starts easier, requires less duty cycle at the top, and my MAP signal looks quite a bit smoother.

• 2 months later...

when i installed my ms a few years back i also installed an odessey battery in back.i installed the ms and the relay board on the bulkhead behind the seats.the relay board is directly wired( + and ground) to the battery,the only input from the old z is +key on from the ignition switch.the old z wiring has lots of possable volt drop points.my b+ output from my alternator is wired direct to the battery terminal on the starter-short wire = less wire loss.i used 00 welding cable for the battery .i ran a 00 ground from the battery to 1 of the starter mounting bolts-so the starter has both sides direct wired from the battery.havent had any problems.when i installed ms i i didn want it cobbled to old z wiring.i spent alot of time upgrading the rest of the car.take your alternator to a good shop that can scope the output and check for bad diodes.my only problem with ms is me screwing up the software