HybridZ

Got my EZ Wiring harness, got a question

Ok I got the Hot Rod 12 circuit mini fuse panel kit from a vendor on Ebay. I tore into it tonight, checking every wire for the number, color, and description. When I got done, I entered the information into an Excel spreadsheet and organized them ascending. Well it turns out several wire numbers are missing. For example:

1 Red-Headlight Power

3 Black-AC/Heat Power

6 Red-Radio Constant Power

7 Dark Blue-Wiper Power

9 Red-Gauge Power

See how 2, 4, 5, and 8 are missing? And that's just part of the whole harness. I don't know if maybe some of the numbers that are missing aren't there because it's only a 12 circuit kit or what. If anyone has used the 12 circuit and has can shed some light on that I'd appreciate it.

I can understand missing 1 or 2 wires maybe, but not a whole buttload like that.

I'm stumped on splitting up the rear lighting wire. Which wire do I use to get the brake pedal signal to the rear lights? I've got parking and turn signals set aside, but I dunno if I need to use the orange Third Brake wire and split it myself to both tail lights for brake lights or not.

Yeah I saw that, but then again if I recall correctly on my old 77 when I had brake light trouble, the switch itself on the pedal mount only has 2 wires. One for power, and one to run the signal back to the tail lights, I may just run a seperate wire for that to the brake lights and split it off, because I don't really see how the wiring harness will be able to send power through that orange wire with the design of the Z's brake light circuit, but then again I don't really know anything about wiring haha

And the harness isn't crap, it isn't bad actually. I got it all figured out pretty much when I started laying the wires out to break them into subharnesses. One for the front lights, one for the altrenator, one for the various engine items that weren't in the lights harness. Then one for the rear lights, various rear, gauge associated wires, and of course the column wires are in their own bundle with all the GM connectors and terminals.