HybridZ

I feel like I am going to cry. Still can't get my clutch wo

QWKDTSN

I think I finally got it bled. I removed the whole system and bench bled everything and now it is super smooth, I am 100% positive that I got all the air out. However, the car still won't go into gear and this is the only thing keeping my car from being a running car. I have a T5 with the JTR setup -3 line and plastic slave cylinder. The master cylinder is a 7/8" Howe. With full travel, I'm only getting the slave cylinder pushing about 3/4" or maybe 1". At any rate, it's not enough to disengage the clutch and I can't figure out what I need to do. I have the correct sizes for the cylinders, I have it perfectly bled... What could the problem be? I am 95% sure that I assembled the flywheel/clutch/transmission properly.... could it be an actual mechanical problem? The clutch I'm using was peiced together by a local shop to withstand 400+ horses and be streetably light and smooth so I don't think it has a monster spring or anything.... I just don't get it. This is so frustrating. This is the ONE THING keeping me from being able to move my car again under its own power after about ten months.

Nion,

Chevy used two different throwout bearings ,one longer than the other. also the pivot point of most release forks rests on a round head bolt that is adjustable.I have not worked with the hydraulic Chevy clutch( see my reply on "transmission" below) so am not sure if the pivot point is adjustable . I did have the same problems on a 240 when I went to a later 280z 2+2 clutch. Changed the throwout to the correct one and things worked fine.