HybridZ

LSx cams, incl VVT cams for the LSx!

• Administrators

LSx cam tease…

I felt it wouldn’t be fair to just have this info sitting here in my catalog rack and not share it with the best bunch of car guys in the world! :2thumbs:(please excuse the crudeness of the presentation of these pages. It was quick and easy.)

Received our latest Comp Cams flyer with their new LSx cam line up a few weeks ago. For me, the most exciting part is Comps head-down-charging approach into taking advantage of the VVT option as used on the current LY6, L76, LFA and the 6.2L L92 engines. For those not familiar, GM is now incorporating VVT, yes Variable Valve Timing, (technically it is Variable CAM Timing) into the LSx! GM has designed a “cam phaser” that attaches to/"is the" cam gear, and “phases” the cam to the crankshaft during operation! :2thumbs:

Also heard a rumor that the Thumper series cams offer big peak torque figures at the expense of narrower power-band, which according to the rumors should also appeal to the autocross crowd, (more torque coming out of corners). wink.gif

As we finally get our web site loaded, we will be offering these cams...

Courtesy of Comp Cams and my parts supplier.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

lurk.gif