HybridZ

Clutch questions

I have a 78 280z, she's pretty sweet

well the main question I have is how do I do the clutch set up?

what transmision should I look for?

yes I have to have a stick, I get bored other wise haha

I want a 350, what kinda of MPG numbers can I expect from a stock to lightly modified small block with a four barrel carb? ( I know these cars are very light so that will help)

thanks

what kind of set ups would produse good gas mileage?, I'm not looking for huge power just 300 tops

would a 400 small block be ok? as far as gas mileage?

The person that can answer the engine setup question the best is probably Grumpy in this thread.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=139049

Are you planning on finding a complete running stock engine to drop in or building one?

If your looking for stock that gets good mpg you will probably want to stay away from 70's stuff because of the bad combustion chamber designs.

If you are planning on building something the lighter and more free flowing you can make the engine the better mpg it will get.

I dont know what kinda of mpg you are looking for and your budget but it might be hard to get with a big cast iron V8 in a sports car.

Depending on your budget you might consider newer efi V8's and LS engines.

You also have to consider the trans and rear end gearing and total weight of the car.