HybridZ

Differences in Turbo Exaust Manifolds

kcambron

Yes, one manifold has the opening directly opposite exhaust port runner 5.

I don't know their numbers because I owned neither of these particular manifolds. It's a picture posted by some guy here in Oz wanting to sell the top manifold, wanted to show the differences to the 'more common' bottom version.

Dunno for sure but if my memory serves me correctly, the top version of exhaust manifold came from an upspec'ed L20A Japanese turbo engine like the one I'd bought in the late 80's. That engine also had the beefy L20A bottom end and the factory water to oil cooler and a twin blade throttle body etc.

Unfortunately, I sold off a lot of that gear to finance other projects I had at the time, unknowing perhaps how 'valuable/desirable' the parts would be today. Damn. Who knows, that could've been my old manifold he was selling! :roll:

12173_thumb.attach

I think you will find, the manifold with the mount flange between 4 & 5 has come off an L20ET pre 1983 S1 Skyline and the other is the same as the L28ET, because I had both and Stagefumer from NZ has the earlier version. My 1984 KHR30 Skyline has the latter version with flange opposite runner 5.

Cheers, D