HybridZ

HKS VPC for RB?

Almighty Wez

I searched and didn't really find anything, hopefully I didn't miss a thread somewhere. Anyway, do any of you guys running an RB use a VPC instead of a EMS or Haltech? My first Eagle Talon I used a VPC in that to go 11s all day, very easy to use, especially for the tuning impaired like me :icon50: The headunits are still around but I guess the hardest part would be finding the ECU harness. Any info would be great!

I don't know of anyone here using a VPC. The hardest part you will likely run into when doing a VPC is finding the chip and the harness. VPCs these days seem pretty scarce to begin. The largest community that I know of for VPC users is the DSM world, even there its hard to find one these days as most people have moved onto other piggybacks, flashes or full standalones.

Ya, even the DSM community is now beyond the VPC for the most part. A friend of mine has a headunit that he would sell me for cheap, but like you said, the chip would be the hard part. I don't know anyone in Japan to call thats for sure. They can be hard wired into the ECU harness, so thats not too big of a deal. Guess its time to learn the EMS....