HybridZ

VG30DE(tt) custom intake manifold

Lake

plenum volume is 2.2L x2, and gap size is allmost the same than TB:s surface area. I can`t explane it any better, sorry about that...:(

Here is a few picture of RB26DETT plenum which I made. It gave 733hp at 1.45bar boost...

http://kuva1.kuvablogi.com/iso/img2346671.jpg

http://kuva1.kuvablogi.com/iso/img2351650.jpg

No problem, I understand what you are saying. I am only concerned about this area do to the trade off between pressure drop and good distribution as I can see it? Have to done some testing on this plenum or just built it correct the first time? hehe :) I have an idea about the direction of the air entering the 1 plenum. If this is done in a radius, the air will be pushed out to the outer side of the 1 plenum furthest away from the 2plenum. This will hopefully make the air distribute the best i think? Any experience? Sorry about all the questions, but i have great belive in this design :)

Very impressing power @only 1.45bars of boost :) Big turbo then i guess? :)

No problem, I understand what you are saying. I am only concerned about this area do to the trade off between pressure drop and good distribution as I can see it? Have to done some testing on this plenum or just built it correct the first time? hehe :) I have an idea about the direction of the air entering the 1 plenum. If this is done in a radius, the air will be pushed out to the outer side of the 1 plenum furthest away from the 2plenum. This will hopefully make the air distribute the best i think? Any experience? Sorry about all the questions, but i have great belive in this design :)

Very impressing power @only 1.45bars of boost :) Big turbo then i guess? :)

Here is another version of the plenum inlet: http://www.amworks.com/gallery/fiat19/moottori.jpg

My manifold is some kind of compromise, if it dont work properly, I will make new one, from start to finish... My biggest concern is those huge runners, even thou the shape is pretty good...

About this RB, the turbos billet compressor is only 68mm, turbine is 77mm. Made by Holset

• 1 month later...
what are you building? :)

Almost imbarrased to tell, since its only a 1.6 liter ford. But i want to make it with some serious drivability and not only high output. I will post some pictures when i start to build, the car is for now stripped down to bare chassis and are been planed on paper (engineer habbit). Looking forward to start the build :)