HybridZ

Fiddle to control radiator fans

SidWell

• 4 months later...

I finally wired up my radiator fan to the PM2 FIdle spare port. Pin 30 is wired to the low side of of the relay coil. When power up the MS, the fan also spins up. I have followed the config instructions and have Port PM2 FIdle enabled, variable = coolant > threshold = 180, hysteresis = 10, there is no second decision set at this time. Power-on value = 0 Trigger value = 1. I have no way to shut the fans off. No changes to the configuration will shut the fans off. When I look at Pin 34 of U1, it always stays at about .1v, it never goes high. This tells me that I have an error in my config and not in my wiring. Is there a step that I am missing? Is there something else to try?

I found the problem. First, I think I broke the daughter board myself trying to understand the initial problem. The actual problem turned out to be a jumper I placed across D8. Since that grounded pin 30 the Fidle was always on. I am sure I grounded it for a purpose when I first built the board but the reason is lost on me now.

The bottom line is, it it all works now.