HybridZ

S130 Specific thread

Brad-ManQ45

I am starting this thread to address any aspects of installing a Toyota 2JZ engine in the S130. THis can be either NA or Turbo.

I understand that it has been done in at least one car and hope to have anyone who has investigated or done it contribute to this thread for everyone who is inclined to make this conversion have an easier time of it - or at least be more informed about what is involved.

Apparently it will fit, but there are no specifics imparted in any of the other threads that I have been able to ascertain.

Questions that need to be answered (at this point):

Which oil pan configuration(s) are needed for manual and power steering?

How did you fab mounts? (pics requested)

The one coversion that I have seen has an engine driven radiator fan, sop apparently there is enough room in the engine bay to allow this - is the stock ZX radiator enough to support the added cubes/turbo engine?

I think this is enough to start out with, and hope there are people willing to contribute.

Many thanks to those who have shared their knowledge in the S30 swap threads - obviously, the info that is engine/performance related can be utilized by everyone, but I feel that the S30 swap has been covered well in other threads, and the S130 has to have its' own thread.