HybridZ

Custom wheels for race rubber?

If you are willing to run 8" in the front, and 9.5" in the rear, Centerlines are a good option. You can get a back space of between 3.5" and 5.5" on the 17x8", and a backspace of 4.0" to 7.0" on the 17x9.5" wheels. For the money they are a great wheel. I know their styles are not the greatest, but the quality is good. You can easily run 245/front and 275/rear on these wheels. That is some serious meat for a ~2400lb car. I run a 225 (15x7) or 245 (16x8) width all around on my time trial racer.

Alright - I think I've figured out what I"m going to do. Since the suspension was basically built around the wheels, I'm going to keep the 17's that are on there and put the race rubber on them. I still have a set of Kumho's that have at least 2 track days left on them. I'm looking at the Rota RB's and going to take the street tires that I have on there now and put them on a set of 17x9.5's Rota RB on the rear and 17x8.5's Rota RB on the front. Then - take the street tires I have on the wider wheels now (245/45 frt. 275/40 rear) and put them on the Rota's for street use. I'm just now digging in to the 52 page thread on the group buy now - I may just send Kim an e-mail asking what they have in those sizes with what backspace and see if that will work. 52 pages of maybe 20 useful posts....

My Boyd wheels apparently have quite a bit more backspace than the average bear, so I figured I'd take the widest wheels and fit the fattest meat I can on them and use them for the track. They clear the flares and the springs.....The Rota's - if I can get them in a 0 offset, would be perfect for the street. That gets me out the cheapest......in this economy.......Thoughts??? (not on the economy please!)

After about three years of searching, to get inexpensive wide wheels you have to convert over to 5 lug GM or Ford bolt pattern, then different brakes and on and on...... ! If you are going to be racing Complete Custom Wheel is your best bet. You can destroy a wheel racing, they will repair or replace for a fee. I think there is sticky at the top that list the different companies to buy wheels from. Remaining 4 lug and going 10 inches or wider with a custom offset is going to cost you at least $2000.00 or more. If you find some quality wheels that fit the criteria please post, because I just spent too much money !!