HybridZ

Cam Spray Bar Q: Broken Braze?

Drax240z

I just got a cam spray bar in the mail for my build, and I am concerned that I have a couple broken brazes... Can anyone confirm for me that the tubes with the oil spray holes in them should/shouldn't be able to rotate ~10° at the joint pictured?

RGL_7752.jpg

I had the same problem with mine.

You need to make sure you have adequate oiling to your cam so that either means you need to replace your spray bar or move to an internally oiled cam (or both).

I believe that you can still get a new spray bar, but I pulled mine from a parts car. It was the newer version and the build date on the donor car is 2/73, so I'm not really sure when the switch happened.

Here is what i did when i was still running my e88 one of mine actually fell out luckily I noticed my oil pressure drop immediately and started looking. I took mine compleatly apart and cleaned it REALLY well with acetone. I then took jbweld and welded the whole piece back together. It held to the day i took it out. I probably put 10k on it like that. Not saying its the best but if your going to do it make sure you get it clean and get all the oil residue off before you try.

My early production 73 came with an old style had the same loose pipe problem. Raplaced it with the new style. JB weld is great stuff got me out a lot of binds, just like Jeff says you gotta have very clean surfaces, for these fix if you could I would buy the new one, there is a lot more at stake if the pipe comes off and don't cath it on time