HybridZ

Front Brakes Failing.

rayamajhia

Hello,

I am new to brakes and I am try to fix my self. I have 1980 280zx non turbo. Last week when I try to bring the car out of my drive way suddenly my brakes are not working. When I apply the brakes they go all the way no pressure. Also when I pump the same thing it goes all the way and makes a sound like if there is a air leak a noise when you are pumping air into a basket ball.

So any ideas where I should be looking at? I look around the week and there is no leak of oil.

please let me know and Thanks in advance.

ray

I had the same thing a couple years ago with my 79. Two words, master cylinder. Mine failed on the highway doin 70, I had to stop on the clutch, not fun at all.

Of course, that may not be your problem, what do I know, but it would be a good idea to check it out.

it ain't no vacuum leak if they go to the floor. vacuum leak will make the engine run crappy and brakes are real hard to step on but they don't go to the floor. You need a new master cylinder for sure unless you look at the wheels and see brake fluid everywhere which means you have no brake pads and the caliper piston is overextending. you might want to consider professional help and/or find a local z club usually a member will give you advice and help. Remember not stopping can cause severe bodily harm upon contact with immovable objects.