the L28ET ? He is only running 6 psi boost

until he installs his I/C , but then he could

be running more.

On day one we ran his 205/55/14 Kumho tires,

but they really never became a factor. I felt

the car was laying down due to a rich running

condition. We played with his fuel control settings

on his Wolf EMS 3D ECU not to be confused with

Jim Wolf stuff. Once we got it leaned out and running then we had a major clutch slip problem.

It was really noticeable in 3rd gear. We finished

up the day and figured on trying to adjust it on day 2.

I pulled the strut tower braces and my race tires from my car for Sundays run. Sunday morning rolls around and we put the stuff from my car on his and

adjust the clutch. It was out of adjustment , but

really not bad. I have him make the first run and he tells me its not to bad. I go out on course at the clutch starts to slip really bad . It was so

frustrating knowing you have a fast car and not being able to hook up. I noticed he had an oil leak

on one side of his car that could have soaked the clutch , so I had him spray some brake clean up

in there as a band aid to see if I could get a clean run. Next time out on track the same thing

major slip in 2nd and 3rd. We ended up callling it

a day bummed because we didn't get all 4 runs in.

If he has the turbo flywheel, he can step up to the 300ZX single turbo pressure plate, and he needs to get the silver colored clutch disk, that is the stickiest one. That would give him 600 KG of clamping force.

He could, if he has the Borg Warner trans have the flywheel redrilled for a 300ZX twin turbo pressure plate, but he needs to use the 89 300ZX single turbo clutch disk, it is also made of the silver material, and it is the proper diameter for the pressure plate. He will have to grind down the ribs on the inside of the bell housing so that they are flush, or there will be some bindage. The TT pressure plate will not work with the Japanese 5 speed. Probably needs to go in 3 inches from the engine side of the bellhousing. That would give him 780 KG of clamping force. This is what I am using in my 280ZXT with no probelems, yet. In a 240, this should hold alot of power since it was designed to hold 300+ hp in a 3500 pound car.

The nice thing about staying with the Nissan stuff is you can get it at any nissan dealer rather then mailorder, which you don't know when you will get sometimes.

Lockjaw,

The Nissan Motorsports catalog shows the same

clutch cover for the 300ZX up to 86' and the

280ZXT its a 800kg rated unit, and the discs

to differ like you said.

Thanks for the help !!! I need to check with him

to see what tranny they went with.