HybridZ

3.70 LSD question

Guest zfan

I was told last night that the 300zxt diff. drive shaft flange on diff. side will not match up to my drive shaft flange. Something about them not being the same bolt pattern.

I am going to start taking the car apart tomorrow but figured I'd ask before I get started so there are no big surprises.

My car is a 71 240Z with a r200 swappped in it already. I did the r200 swap and had no problem matching them up that time. Im putting in a 87ZXT 3.70 LSD and will remove the smoothe r200 rear diff case off my old diff and replace the finned cover currently on the LSD diff.

Also Im using u-joint half shafts in place of the cv's, do the old u-joint imput shafts have c clips or something to hold them in the LSD diff.?

The LSD diff had the cv's out of it when I got it. So I want to remove my old imput shafts from the old diff and install them on my LSD diff.

Hope this makes some sense bonk.gif

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Zfan . your Neapco flange adapter should be square shaped with a pilot for a square shaped 2.25 pinion flange. There are 2.00 inch pinion flanges and round pinion flanges, If the LSD pinion flange does not fit to the Neapco adapter exchange it with your current R200 pinion flange