HybridZ

Best SU rebuild kit?

zclubhouse

Hello Everyone,

Searched around for a while to try and find the consensus on the best SU rebuild kit but haven't found much. I know that many people choose to go with the Z therapy kit but I do not understand why that kit would cost so much in comparison to the other kits such as black dragon automotive. I know that "you get what you pay for," but since I really only need new gaskets and fuel hose which one would be best? Is there any performance or quality difference between the two? I dont have a money tree so any advice/opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance:icon14:

Andrew

Well, rebuilding SUs is not just a few gaskets. It's the worn throttle shafts and bushings that cause lean idle conditions, irratic idle, etc. If you want them to last another 30 years and look like new, I'd send them in to Z Therapy and get the new throttle shafts with roller bearings (huge improvement over brass bushings) and they should be good to go for a long time. They are also worth money if you got to sell them later on. So, it's a wise investment. Just my 2 cents.

I decided to go with the ztherapy rebuild kit. I would definitely recommend it. High quality everything and the video walks you through it. It's a good introduction to the the SU carbs, if you've never been inside them. It's also hard to mess up, considering the thoroughness of the video.