HybridZ

R-200 Torque Specs

jaime240z

Guest Anonymous

12-17 Ft-lb, not 12-17 In-lb. Since 12 In-lb = 1 Ft-lb, if you only tighten it to 12 In-Lb it's gonna leak. A lot.

Here's a semi-related question, am I the only person who can't ever get an L series engine oil pan to install without a leak? I mean I went to the trouble of buying an inch lb torque wrench so as not to over tighten em since the 5-7 (or often stated as 10) Ft-lb torque on those puppies is hard to get an accurate reading on with it being the very bottom end of most Ft-Lb torque wrenches. I have still managed to dimple the pan enough that it leaks every single time. I'm at the point now the expense of an ARE Dry sump is looking attractive with the thick and rigid flange on the casting that I can probably manage to torque down without springing a leak. Short of that, guess I'll be getting nice and cozy with my 12 oz ball peen and an anvil.

Guest Anonymous

Tempe you are correct on the foot /pounds,,, Not very scientific but on pan bolts or cover bolts I place my hand right on the 3/8 inch ratchet head and tighten until I find my wrist stops. I could tighten further but would have to clench my teeth.lol I do not break bolts and do not have leaks. The ratchet handle is a lever and does not give you much of a feel how tight the nut or bolt is but with the hand on the ratchet head your wrist tells you real quick about the tourqe factor it is experiencing. On pans watch the compression on the gaskets. A warped flange on a pan will cause leakage.