HybridZ

how to convert 280Z rear hub to 5 bolt?

Yes, I took my rear hubs down to a local machine shop and paid $150AUD to have them re-drilled to suit a 5x114.3mm stud pattern, some Ford threaded studs they had laying around and a collar over the front to suit my new rotors (they have a larger diameter centre than the original Z drums!!!),

If you use the same 114.3mm spacing you can re-use one of the holes, then you just re-drill 4 more, they also filled up the existing holes,

It should be pretty straight forward for any machine shop to do this!

yikes my car just made 505 hp at the wheels is that safe to have those stock ones redrilled???:eek2:

Should be as safe as the stock 4-lugger. The MM piece is like art--super high quality and very beefy, yet not too heavy either. I have inspected them, but have yet to buy *cough afford cough* some. I love some though :D

Davy

yikes my car just made 505 hp at the wheels is that safe to have those stock ones redrilled???:eek2:

Oh yeah, no dramas - in fact, pretty sure MM sell el-cheap rear hubs that have just been re-drilled to suit 5 stud pattern and they still have the holes left in it from the 4-stud :-),

The fellow I took mine to usually charges an arm and a leg for everything he does, mainly because not to many people do what he does locally so you get charged a premium, but these he did really cheaply - just because he said he does it just about every other day,

Also, he is the sort of character who will not do something unless he thinks it safe, doesnt want to be sued I guess, but he said there was plenty of meat on the Z hubs for this sort of thing - and Ross at MM wouldnt sell them either if he thought it would just fail!

However, I wouldn't be doing it at home with your cordless drill :-)!!!