HybridZ

jumps out of reverse

BQR280Z

Took the Z down the road for the first time with the new motor/trans combo. The trans is a 5-speed from a 83ZX - ratios seem good, but the trans jumps out of reverse. Anyone know whats up?? If I hold it firmly in reverse, I can feel something every revolution of the gears. Broken gear? or bad bearing?? Is the trans worth rebuilding or is just finding another the way to go??

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Guest Anonymous

ATTN: L6 Transmission experts! Hey Bill, I would start looking for estimates or info on repairing the reverse in the 5 speed/ or looking for another used 5 spd with a guarantee. You may get by for years the way it is with a little hand pressure on the shifter.The problem may not be gear or bearing but reverse not engaging fully.. my 6 cents ..Have fiberglass headlight buckets for the fiberglass fenders you helped me with and now located clear headlight covers.

Tomahawk: Your project sounds like its is coming along nicely. I just got some new headlights from "H4lights" - super lights, with Euro style "city lights" in the reflector also. My car is yellow so I painted the city light bulbs yellow - looks good with yellow headlights.