HybridZ

Another R-200 Ques.

jaime240z

Ok. So I've got the R-180 OUT. And I'm getting ready to put the R-200 IN. I notice that the R-180's mustache bar was mounted "inside" of the rear bar that ties the control arms together. The R-200's mustache bar seems to need to be mounted "outside" the rear bar, closer to the fuel tank.

Is that how it is supposed to be mounted? Also, mounted in that position, will I still be able to re-mount my S/T rear sway bar?

I just want to get some feedback before I go crawling under that thing again?

Thanks. Jaime confused2.gif

Guest Anonymous

You need to use the moustache bar from an R200 donor car to get everything to line up correctly. It does fit closer to the fuel tank than the R180 bar does. (using a centerline between the two big mounting studs on the ends of it as a reference point) Not sure about the sway bar aspect since I don't have a rear sway bar, then again do you really nead that Live Axle Conversion kit installed anyway? ;)

Thanks TempeZ. I just got done with the swap. I guess the R-200 mustache bar does go "outside" of the control arm links. Everything bolted up nice including the mounts for the rear sway bar. It's a pretty tight fit, but it works.

I took the Z out for a test-run and everything seems good. 2thumbs.gif

The only question I have is about the diff. front brace. I had to "modify" my original to work with the R-200. I am wondering if I need the bar out of a Z that came with an R-200. Well it works for now so I'm happy. tongue.gif

Guest Anonymous

I am pretty sure there's a difference between the R180 front brace and the R200 one, easy to find though, so just go grab one at a junkyard and swap it out.