HybridZ

MS-II EDIS-8 Problem

dts300z

So I got the car to fire off... and I noticed it sounded pretty weak. So thru further testing I have found out that one coil was not firing. I then proceeded to check the wiring to that coil to be sure it was connected to the module and there was no problems there. I then swapped the coils to see if it was the coil and the problem stayed with the same cylinders.

My question is... is it possible that half of the module is gone out?

I did do a little something different with the wiring to the coils that SHOULDN'T affect their function. I mounted the coils on the center of the valve covers and I wired it so the corresponding coils would fire with the center two cylinders on both sides. So essentially this should be fine and not the root cause.

Thanks,

Dan

OK I screwed up! I rechecked my wiring to the coils and it looks like I had 1 too many budlights during the wiring process. I accidentally swapped the coil wires for some reason. Brain fart sorry for the confusion. It hit on all 8 this time.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks I appreciate it! Well I just got it to fire on all 8 last night. I kept trying to crank it this morning and it looks like I fouled out the plugs last night during the trying to get it to run process... lol. So hopefully I will have some more progress in the next few days. The only thing that is holding me back now is the transmission, I just got done putting it together yesterday and as I was torquing down the last front pump bolt it split the boss in the tranny. Now I have to find another transmission case... lol oh well.

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple maps that seem to work pretty good. I HAVE NOT done any final tuning but the driveability is good and the plugs look good so far.

This combo includes:

LT1 355 (around 9:1)

60# injectors

EDIS-8

T-70 master power (.96 A/R)

I have not tuned full throttle yet. Use at your own risk!

fuelmap.jpg

sparkadvance.jpg