HybridZ

Half Shaft swap

280z4me2

Im restoring a 1976 280z. Body work will be done in a few weeks and before I paint itm I want to have the entire under side of the car finished. Wouldnt want undercoating to get on the new paint job!

Im looking for a bit of infor on the half shaft swaps. Fro my reading, they come from a 300zx. For them to fit, I will need the modern motorsport adapter($225.00 each!!!!) Am I on the right track? If so, is there another option that doesnt involve these $500.00 adapters?

Also, What are some good companies to purchase gears, LSD,

Im restoring a 1976 280z. Body work will be done in a few weeks and before I paint itm I want to have the entire under side of the car finished. Wouldnt want undercoating to get on the new paint job!

Im looking for a bit of infor on the half shaft swaps. Fro my reading, they come from a 300zx. For them to fit, I will need the modern motorsport adapter($225.00 each!!!!) Am I on the right track? If so, is there another option that doesnt involve these $500.00 adapters?

Also, What are some good companies to purchase gears, LSD,

Actually, the $225 adapters are for the pair!! You do need turbo axles, and a few (mostly expensive) options for LSDs. Punch in R200 LSD in the search and read for days! :)

I dont know a whole lot about differentials yet so bare with me!

Would I have to buy a new diff or could I buy the internals only for the LSD and use my diff?

Also, where are gears sold and are the R200 rears classified in different types or all R200's are universl for parts?

Junk yard, ebay, other members...These guys are trying to help you... read up on the r200 and you will see all the ratios... You can not just call up summit ang buy gears, this is nissan stuff.. Figure out what year car had the gear set you want and go looking. If you keep asking this stuff with out doing a little home work no one will help you... Good luck. Search gear ratio on here in the title search.