HybridZ

1972 240z DD

1972 240, needs allot of work, particularly electrical, new floor pans, and paint!

Parts List

Painless 18 circuit universal harness (complete rewire)

Engine Ground kit

280zx Altenator (maybe use Gm Alt, Im reading some articles) Which should I use?

Custom interior and 10 speaker component stereo.

MSA twice pipes (has awful home made straight pipes)

New carpet

Bed line under body and interior

Electronic ignition (pertronix MSA kit)

low pro air cleaner (has holley 4bbl adn spacer that touches top of hood)

headlight upgrade

*Already have:

Full carpet

weatherstrip complete kit

polly bushing complete kit

1982 na zx parts car with r200, 5spd and more!

L28 that smokes if anyone wants it?

16x10 diamonds

Bmw dark silver,and shwartz black. primer, bmw clear.

clear led markers

interior kind of_thumb.jpg

l24_thumb.jpg

too wide_thumb.jpg

whip side view_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

**** update ****

Due to an excellent deal. I went with the EZ wiring 21 circuit harness. It looks awesome! Me and my Wiring guy are mounting the fuseblock and have the engine wired, currently he is working on a subharness for the headlights that will fix the low light problem.

We have been taking allot of pics and will ultimately post them on the site to help you guys out. The harness is being wired to an L24 which is different from most being used on v8's but the car had so many shorts a new harness had to be used. I know I will never need 21 circuits for this car even if I go Ls1, but 12 was too few and the 21 was only $150.00 shipped for everything.

I just purchased this altenator:

7294FCHROME.JPG

Its an upgraded Gm 12si that is a 110 amp unit, and have begun fabricating a bracket thanks to following the the thread from hizandherz

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115550

I also built a paint booth in my garage/car port (it has no door) to paint when the wiring job is finished Its simply a braced 2x4 frame that will be wrapped in thick plastic and vented with two high velocity box fans. Its not the prettiest but it works! It has a swing style barn door that latches to seal in the car. Total it fits the car and gives me 3 feet of workspace on all sides and I can park my parts car next door!

• 1 month later...

An Inquiry? I know your not supposed to post these in the classifieds so ill post here. I may be going to grad school in chicago. Rent is 1,000.00 a month and I really dont have resources to move, live, and eat on. Thus, I could lose some assets and have some living money.

If I were to potetntially sell my z, to get a bicycle, furniture, and maybe some food. What do you think I could likely get out of it, since Im probably not going to take it to downtown chicago anyways (it lacks locking mechanisms in all doors and hatch, the p/o took them out for body work and lost allot of the pieces).

Car: 1972 240z thats pictured above.

Gm upgraded chrome heavy duty 12si altenator

painless 21 circuit complete rewire with 21 circuit fuse block

custom high output headlight harness

led corners

Painted tailight cover

MSA tinted headlight cover

Motorsports molded carpet set (not installed)

Energy suspension master kit (not installed)

Arizona z Car manifold with brand new 390 4bbl holley

brand new (only tuning time) 4 row aluminum radiator

Diamond racing 16x10s widest offset 85-90% tread on tires

Pertronics electronic ignition kit

Pertronics blaster coil

6 extra perf spark plugs

R200 (1983 na zx) low miles with all shafts moustache bar and etc. (not installed)

zx 5spd (not installed)

Complete weatherstrip kit (not installed)

All working gauges (minus clock)

Race style pedals and other various accents

Car is currently in primer, but may be painted bmw dark silver prior to sale. I have a gallon of dark silver (gun metal) and 2 quarts of black. Thinner, clear, hardener and etc. Car would either be painted or paint could be included in sale not installed.

Car Needs: Body work, plain and simple. predominantly rust free, small spots in floor boards and that is it. Frame rails, struts and etc are solid. Car needs sanding, paint and etc. Lots of parts and lots and lots of work. Is it worth the sale?