HybridZ

Adding other gauges to MS

HB280ZT

So the million dollar question has anyone added another gauge to MS.

Such as oil pressure, oil temperture, fuel pressure, etc?

I came across this in the MSnS-Extra Tuning and Datalogging manual:

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Datalog_Manual.htm#addgauge

Look in the adding another gauge sub section.

If you have added a gauge what was it and how has it worked for you?

Also would it work with the factory Datsun Oil pressure sending unit?

HB280ZT

I'm not 100% versed on how to do it, but I believe you just use the electronic sender and put the input into one of the open A/D converters then calibrate it with the setup files.

It seems like all the barebones are there (like a speedo as well), but are rarely being used by the public due to complexity.

Well I guess I will just have to try something and see if I can get it to work.

The one I am interested in trying first is oil pressure. So does anyone know how our stock oil pressure sending unit works, ie volts or resistance?

Also will easytherm work for an pressure?

HB280ZT

While I think this is pretty cool I just don't understand the practical side of it?

If your driving your car, you can easily read the oil pressure gauge that is in the car, if your tunning you don't need to know what oil pressure is to adjust timing or fuel.

I guess this is a just cause I can mod?

-Ed

Ed,

Your comment is far from the truth. I would like to datalog as many parameters as I can when I run on the track, both track events and drag racing. Because the last time I was on the track I did not have as much time as I wanted to look at the gauges, just a quick glance. Now drag racing you have even less time to look at things so to me this could be very useful.

HB

I want it for another reason. Have you looked at the price of stack style gauges?

$$$$ comes to mind....

For the price of a anti-glare super bright direct sunlight readable display and an InCar PC, I could have a dash way better then a STACK and have money left over for tires!

Ed,

Your comment is far from the truth. I would like to datalog as many parameters as I can when I run on the track, both track events and drag racing. Because the last time I was on the track I did not have as much time as I wanted to look at the gauges, just a quick glance. Now drag racing you have even less time to look at things so to me this could be very useful.

HB

I can understand datalogging oil pres at the track. I was thinking more for daily usage.

Good luck on your quest for gauge glory.

-Ed