HybridZ

Sand blasting cost

Hi all,

I'm really unhappy with the fact that my '73 is three different colors (silver originally, exterior painted british racing green, engine bay semi-gloss black), and I want to start with a clean slate, stripping all the old paint off and getting the chassis down to the bare metal. This will also make it easier to weld in the fuel cell cradle I need to create, fill the fuel-filler door, and neatly cut and spot-weld the wheel arches for the mounting of ZG flares. I've seen numerous cars on here shown on a rotisserie and I'm wondering how much it costs to have a complete shell media-blasted, as well as the best way to transport the shell. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I built a dolly out of 2x4's with swivel wheels to move the shell around. Around here a complete bake & blast will run $1200 - $1400 depnding on how much they do.

Be aware you won't get back as much car as you take them. I thought my battery area only had surface rust, turned out it needed major surgery.

jt

I built a dolly out of 2x4's with swivel wheels to move the shell around. Around here a complete bake & blast will run $1200 - $1400 depnding on how much they do.

Be aware you won't get back as much car as you take them. I thought my battery area only had surface rust, turned out it needed major surgery.

jt

That's about what I figured. I know my battery tray is toast also, but I don't plan on putting a battery in that location anyhow. Price was about what I thought it would be too.

What about an SCCA-legal cage? I assume they require at least 10-12pts? Is it best to buy one pre-made or have one fabbed? What am I looking at for cost there?