HybridZ

Which flange for the R200 should I use???

80LS1T

I am buying a R200 from a guy in TX and he wants to know which flange for the driveshaft I want... the turbo or standard flange??? I have no idea which one I should ask for.

I am using a LT1 and T56 in my car if that helps.

Thanks,

Guy

Guest Anonymous

Guy since there may be more than two on the wide variety of R200s over the years ask for both.The problem developes when you try to mate the GM 1310 ujoint drive shaft to the R200 pinion flange which will require a Neapco 2-2-899-1 flange adapter on the standard pinion or the 2-2-1819 pinion flange adapter for the lsd 300 zx pinion or vice or versa / just be prepared for on an adapter PITA

Well I thought most guys got there drive shafts cut anyway so would you just put the datsun end on the differential end? So then you would have the splind end in the transmission and the datsun end for the differential??? You know what I mean?

Thanks,

Guy

Guest Anonymous

No Guy.. that Datsun u joint end at the differential end is a pee wee in size to a 1310 Spicer ujoint found on v8 Chevrolets. Why settle for a dats pee wee when you can have a V8 size to go with that SBC for about the same price.

Guest Anonymous

I know for a fact that Neapco adapter flange 2-2-899-1 will mate a GM driveshaft with the stronger 1310 Spicer u joints to a R200 non LSD rear differential.. Since you are getting an LSD R200 you may find that the Neapco 2-2-1899-1 adapter flange may work if not you can install an early R 200 pinion flange on the LSD and use the 2-2-899-1 adapter. There is a thread on these adapters and other members have ran into problems with some of the 87-89 Turbo LSD R 200 differential units due to different sizes of pinion flange bolt holes and spacing and avaiable adapter flanges (2-2-1899-1).The turbo LSD pinion flange is reportedly round with larger spacing and bigger bolt holes.The wise set up is to use all GM 1310 ujoints on the drive shaft and adapt to the R200 pinion flange.

Guest Anonymous

Guy, you may want the standard square flange which is easier to find the adapter for than the round flange.The most important point is to use the GM ujoints for strength which will require the proper adapter flange for the R 200 pinion which ever that maybe..The saga continues....