HybridZ

differential swap question.

Guest Philanthr0py

Guest Philanthr0py

I'm swapping over a R200 into my 240z. Is the rear cross member and mustache bar the only things needed for the swap? and what's a good company to buy new bushings for the mustache bar?

Guest Anonymous

Yes,some say that you do not need the crossmember...keep both.... MSA/I had luck with theirs. Ground Control, Suspension Techniques... e Bay sellers. If the M bar bushings are good do not change them.

I just did the same swap on my '72. All I used was the R-200 and corresponding must. bar. I used the original crossmember. I also replaced the bushings with Energy Susp. units.

Also, if you're planning on changing the bushings to the rear control arms this would be a good time. You'll have them half way off for the swap.

As far as lifting and lowering the diff. I used a regular floor jack with no special adapters. I was able to manage by myself, but a partner would've been very helpful for that part.

Remeber to use jack stands since the whole rear suspension will be pretty much taken apart. And remember to turn the front diff. mount 180 deg.

Hope this helps. :cool:

Jaime

Originally posted by ianz:

[QB]why not change the M-bar bushings??

Well, if they're still good, then why change them.

Mine were not good. To take the old ones out, I just burned them out with a torch. Just be carefull not to warp the metal.

Then I pressed the new ones in with a bench vise.