HybridZ

t4 turbocharger or t3 t4 turbo

ozzinc

Hello guys, its been a while since ive placed a thread, but im about to install a turbonetics t4 t66 turbo, but I am concerned about the room in the engine bay do to the fact that I will be using the l28 engine instead of a rb26dett, I know that the t3t4 fit with no problems,

but with this big t66 and its t4 turbine I may have to either have my muffler guy do a custom header or just go with a t3 t4 setup, I also purchased one of those t3 t4 adapter flange that fit perfectly, but when this engine is installed the turbo may be very close to the steering rod that connects to the steering rack. as for the engine it has been rebuilt from top to bottom, rods, ross forged racing pistons, manley stainless steel valves larger then stock, schneider racing valve springs, f54 block p90 head, crower custom cam grinded to my own specs, haltech stand alone ecu and a couple of other goodies,

any info on the fit of this t66 turbo woud greatly be appreciated.

If the turbo is to close to the steering rod, it may be possible to reduce the thickness of the T3/T4 adaptor in order to have clearance for the turbo. Another solution (easier/cheaper) than the turbo header would be to have the outlet for the turbo relocated. The "stock" T3 outlet in My application is used for the external wastegate.

20711340003large.jpg

Edited by 510six
additional info

If the turbo is to close to the steering rod, it may be possible to reduce the thickness of the T3/T4 adaptor in order to have clearance for the turbo. Another solution (easier/cheaper) than the turbo header would be to have the outlet for the turbo relocated. The "stock" T3 outlet in My application is used for the external wastegate.

20711340003large.jpg

thanks for the info, and I actually have 2 turbo exhausts manifold, I will use one as a test prototype and I will relocate the turbo.