HybridZ

260z sputtering and cutting off!

Here is the problem, I sent my early 260z with SUs to tidewater Z to be fixed. I thought it was the fuel pump. I picked it up today he said it was not the fuel pump, but a miswiring under the dash. Well I started her up her idled just fine. I got about a block away and it started sputtering like it was not getting gas. So I pulled over to a parking lot near by and took my other car with my mother and got some gas. Came back put 2 gallons in. To my misfortune the little white pour tube that screws on the gas can fell into my gas pipe. I'm not sure if there is some sort of block before the tank, but I think it got into my tank. I hope not.

Anyway, I started it up just fine and it continued to sputter at this point i began to drive back to the shop having to restart the car ever couple feet and barely made it back.

Heres what has been done:

New spark plugs (old wires)

New fuel filter

New fuel pump

My question is what could be cause this? the timing? I just changed the spark plugs. Is the carbs not getting fuel? are they out of tune?