HybridZ

Need clutch recomendation

jt1

I'm replacing my 700R4 with a Tremec TKO-II. Can anyone give me some clutch suggestions? Diaphragm style or borg & beck type? Clutch disc material? Button disc or full disc? Ram or Mcleod or Other?

My use of the car is 4K -5K street miles a year and 7 -8 open track/HPDE events a year. I don't plan on any serious drag racing, so that's not a concern. Car is a 73 240Z with a 400-420 hp SBC. I want to use an aluminum flywheel for quicker accel/deccel on the track, and a hydraulic throwout brg.

Any ideas or experiences? Thanks.

John

Guest greimann

For street use I like the Centerforce I clutch. Nice easy pedal and is stronger than stock, which won't take much abuse.

For hydraulic release bearing, the Mcleod kit from PAW is a nice setup. Master and slave in one kit. It is advised though, that you modify the swivel fittings with copper washers on the Mcleod unit ot they will eventually leak.

Defineitely with out a doubt the centerforce dual friction is the best clutch made for street/strip use

I have one in my bel air and it is the only thing that hasnt broken yet and im running 900 hp to the wheels. I use a jerico tranny. But its good to know your really going to drive the car and shift it rather than let it do the work and steer it.

Chadly