HybridZ

Rookie diff help

Hitman47

Guest Anonymous

Hitman it is closing in on midnight and this thread without being activated in the morning will be ushered to the archives. You can obtain a direct bolt in R200 from about 1975 to 1983 z's for a reasonable price $50.00 up.You will need the 280 Z moustache' bar. Check the buy and sell forum on this site and a few R200's come up or place an wanted ad here. The junkyards shold have a few in your neck of the woods. The R230 (Q45) and R200 LSD out of the 1987 and 89 300Zx turbos are not only more complicated to install but expensive and hard to locate.For a person starting out in California smog control.. find a 73 or earlier 240 Z to start with and keep it running, then begin your modifications. For most V8 applications the R 200 is adequete.

Try to get a clutch type limited slip R200 from a 4/87 - '89 300ZX turbo (but not the all pearl white '88 SS diff, which is viscous and not a direct bolt-in). The LSDs have 4 spider gears instead of two (stouter). This would be going in a 240Z? If so you'll need input and output flanges and diff mounting hardware from a 280Z R200 to fit it up.

Guest 240hybrid

LSD's are hard to find,but it is possible. Just have to jump on one when you find it though. I had 2 guys calling on my LSD when yard was pulling it for me. I think I saw a guy selling the complete R200 assembly in buy/sell/trade post, dont know if he has it still. A regular open R200 shouldn't be hard to get ahold of though. Good luck on your search

2thumbs.gif