HybridZ

Anyone using the AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kit?

strokerzedd

Anyone using the AEM 30-3001 - HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit?AEM 30-3001 - HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit on an RB26? Is it the best way to protect the 6th cylinder from leaning out or better to put the money into a tuned intake manifold? If so, which tuned intake manifolds is everyone happiest with?

I'm running an AEM 1621U ECU, or will be as soon as I finish the wiring mess I'm in the middle of. Talked with a guy in town that has methanol on his Skyline and his brother is putting in a 6 nozzle system in his very modified RB26. He tells me that the single nozzle systems aren't equal across all cylinders and he's looking for 900hp. Apparently increasing the fuel to cylinder #6 to stop it from leaning out due to intake manifold deficiencies sets up harmonics in the crank in high power motors.

As an aside, anyone with an RB26 240z using the Skyline clutch booster with a twin disc clutch? Some say that the twin disc can be too heavy without boost.