HybridZ

Is one HKS Super Sequential BOV large enough for an RB26 twin turbo setup

Mike Rowe

hi mike

i haven't heard of anyone running more than one aftermarket BOV on their big hp gtr,however you could check the diameter of the factory bov's and compare that to the valve area of the hks one

i do know of a few guys that reckon the factory bov's are well up to the job, even on a modified rb26

Thanks Paul for your feedback. I have also heard this feedback the other day. Good idea regarding comparing them, I will have a look

Finishing bits progressing well now.

Off to Manila for 10 days & then back into it

regards

....talk about racking up the frequent flyer points:icon44:

Thanks Matt for your feedback.

Zardilla I am using an Apexi DJetro which doesnt use AFM's so I am only plumbing back due to licensing requirements here.

However if you are using the whole standard setup then you will need to plumb back to both turbos otherwise the computer will not know what is going on. The standard setup does have a plumb back on the rear turbo into the hose rather than the alloy piece as fitted to the front turbo

regards

See the attached photo - you can see the hose off the front turbo coming off the BOV fitting and pointing back to another hose which is coming off under the rear turbo large hose. So the front turbo plumb back point is on the alloy fitting and the rear one is actually off the hose not the alloy fitting - see other photo of alloy fittings

BOV orig recirc_thumb.jpg

12726_thumb.attach

Thanks for the pics mate. I was thinking I had seen that before. That clarifies things. The only other question is would you have to have two BOVs to do this or could you use one bigger one (HKS SSQV) with a wye connection in the hoses that plumbs to both turbos? Might save a little money and its one less thing to break.

dwarlick

I was running a recirc set up on my engine before recently going to d-jetro. I used the single BOV and had twin pipes running back to the turbos (one each I believe). I'll look for some pictures of it tonight and post them up.

Matt

I took another look at the recirc piping I used to have on my car. We ran the inlet back from the BOV into the rear turbo, after the MAFs. This air had already been measured by the ecu but I don't think it was critical to split it between the two turbos (which flow into a single pipe through the IC. The engine ran pretty well, but I will admit it wasn't like the stock setup (twin BOVs, with single pipe back to each turbo).