HybridZ

need a v8.......

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i've got the body all picked out, but am looking for a v8 to slap in there, and so i hear that the lt-1 is a good choice. but where do i find one from and for the least amount of money? should i go and try to find a wrecked corvette? i already responded to the guy selling his, but i'm just curious where i can find these at. anyone that can provide me with an engine type, location of the engine, price, and horsepower, please fill me in. thanks.

...also, what's the highest HP v8 that will fit in the Z and how much $$$ is it?

dan

I'm sure John Lingenfelter could make you a 1000 hp small block chevy, but be prepared to pay $15,000 to $20,000 for it.

Use the Internet to locate engines. Even ebay has engines at reasonable prices. Locate GM wrecking yards using a search engine and then email them.

Hope this helps.

David

Guest Anonymous

The highest horsepower is whatever your wallet can take. Just know that the horsepower will determine the extent of the mod's required in the rest of the chassis.

At some power level you really need to consider basically a shell with a total tube framework reinforcing the stock sheetmetal rails or you'll bend the car into a pretzel.

I won't say what that power level is because its up to the person putting themselves behind the wheel to determine the level of safety and engineering that they feel comfortable driving.

Personally if the HP got out of the 300's very much I'd definitely consider a 8-10 point cage minimum and connected frame rails (I'd actually consider this a good idea for most V8's to be honest and its something I still am working towards on mine). Thats my own personal opinion though.

The LT1's can be found at your local Chevy dismantlers. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and shout if you have other questions.

Regards,

Lone