HybridZ

vlsd ??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

everyone,

i have done a search on the site and havent found one picture of an vlsd, i have a friend that just pick a rear end up out an 88 and thinks its a lsd, i think its a vlsd.and why wont the vlsd fit in a 240 w/ 280ZX CV's?different spline count?

help??

thanks

Guest Anonymous

ross,

he did get the half shafts. i can measure them if you want. also does anyone have a picture of the rear end? we popped off the rear cover lastnight. we didnt see any "discs" inside the 3rd member. the rear cover has major fins at the bottom.

Guest 240hybrid

I was looking at a viscous LSD for a moment, but went with Clutchpack. From what I was told when I consulted some people on using that diff. they said you can use it if you have the CVshafts with it. I dont know if you'll have any binding issues though. One good thing about those Viscous diffs. is that they dont wear out as quickly as a clutch type. I havent installed a diff from that year/model, but I dont think you'll run into any problems bolting it up, although you'll never know till you try. As for the companion flanges, you'll prob want to get a set of 280z stub axles(stronger) and Ross C at modern-motorsports.com can make up a pair of CV adapters for a 300zx CVs for you. Hes making a set for me and should be recieveing them soon. Thats all the info. I know about a viscous diff, but the only way you'll prob. know for sure is to try it. good luck 2thumbs.gif

Ive fitted a R180 VLSD to my car, the outer case is the same as the other units, but you do need to get the shafts that came with the unit as the left hand one has a extra splined section to engage the viscous unit, the right hand stub is the same as the non LSD units.

I machined down the inner CV"s (as that is all I had) and made flanges out of them to bolt my drive shafts to. Im sure its the same deal with the R200 units.

Steven