HybridZ

B&M pro ripper.....not impressed

Guest De Schmaydee

Guest De Schmaydee

...just got the ol' car back (82zxt)...new T5 and pro ripper shifter...i think the apprentice monkeys must have done the job...because the regular monkeys were on break....

they left the control lever bushing out of the tranny...but even w/that this pro-ripoff shifter isnt worth a crap (looks pretty)....though....i know its adjustable...but this isnt gonna adjust enough.....

...i dont know whats up w/these guys (B&M)...maybe they have something against people using 3rd gear....it takes 2 hands and part of one leg to push it up there (3rd).....might be a good shifter for a dump truck or riding lawn mower...(if your not in a hurry and you dont need to shift very fast).....s

Guest De Schmaydee

....appreciate the help...it has the adjustments left and right of center as well as a second set of springs that may be lighter....i cant see much promise even w/that...

...its a very strong shifter but that's it's only redeeming quality..as far as having a shorter throw..i dont feel it...vastly inferior to the stock shifter as far as i can tell except that it has a stouter lever and it has stops.....very difficult to shift....s

Guest De Schmaydee

..its fixed... i drove into work this morning and was able to get into 5th....after that it wouldnt shift into any thing but 3rd...i was "displeased"...

...got into it in the parking lot after work,....they didnt have the pieces of the shifter bolted together well (very loose) and the stops were way wrong.....i adjusted them and tightened them.....and it shifts like a champ....also found the lower boot and now the noise is gone...so all is well still kinda "knotchy" but i think thats just because its new.....what a relief........s