HybridZ

Megasquirt 1 PCB 3.0 Wiring

jacob80

Hey guys, so take a look at the diagram below

8239mss_schematic.jpg

and this one

280zxt_relay_wiring.gif

Is there a reason the top diagram incorporates a "GM HEI" triggering module while the second does not? Is the HEI 4-pin unit necessary for the install with the '83 280zx turbo distrubutor?? Additonally, we are using Megasquirt 1 with PCD 3.0 board and will be controlling fuel and spark with MSnS-E

The first picture you show is from my install guide which is made for v2.2 pcb so you can disregard it if you are using v3 pcb.

Here is a link where I talked through the same issues that concern you:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=145679

So, depending on the stuffing options of your v3 pcb you can decide what works best.

The link you posted for the install writeup at diyautotune should work great for you.

I have a brand new blaster 2 coil, will this work fine with the DIYAutoTune write up? Also, what kind of connection is made where the wires "t" off for the pull up resistors? And from my understanding, if you're using the IGBT on your board, you dont have to use the GM HEI correct?

The IGBT (or Bosch transistor, which technically isn't an IGBT) eliminates the need for a HEI module. There are several types of Blaster 2s; if you have one that can be used with a stock type ignition it should work. The ones that are supposed to only work with a CDI box are probably not ideal.

To answer the "what kind of connection?" It doesn't much matter if it's crimped or soldered, just don't use wire nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is the MSD Blaster 2 PN 8202, I have retrieved the manual and the link is below:

http://www.msdpower.com/download/8202.pdf

In the beginning section of the manual, a note reads as follows:

"This Blaster Coil Kit is intended to be used with an MSD Ignition. If installing on a stock,

points style ignition system, a 0.8 ohm ballast resistor or resistor wiring MUST be

installed. MSD offers this Ballast Resistor as PN 8214 or the Blaster Coil Kits, PN 8200

and 8203 are equipped with one."

How will we set up the "resistor wiring" with this coil? Should we just follow this diagram if we're using the relay board?:

280zxt_relay_wiring.gif