HybridZ

MSA Conversion kit

Guest Anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used the MSA conversion kit? Come on, someone must have used it. I already bought msa, then found this sight surfing. Come on, someone must have used it...crap I know now that I maybe sould have gone jtr but its too late for that. jtr, jtr jtr thats all i see. I just want one person to say msa and it worked great.

Sorry, I'm just a little discouraged about msa right now.

Hey, c'mon! Life is not so bad. MSA used to have a Scarab style V8 conversion kit that they used to sell. It looks like they have improved their kit by going with a setback position like JTR. Don't be discouraged that you have done this! If there is apparently no one on the forum that has used the kit, then contact MSA and ask them for a reference of one of their customers who has done the conversion using their kit. That way, you'll have a better appreciation of what you have.

Bottom line is this: Forge ahead with the MSA kit, especially if you can't return it and you'll be fine! It really looks like their kit is vastly improved and well made from the pictures. I wish you well in your project! icon_smile.gif

David

Guest Anonymous

With the kit being setback like the JTR scheme most of the things in the JTR book will still apply except the mounting scheme. It'll work out fine for you, I suspect they're mounts are just a version of the same thing the JTR setback plates and spacers do. Do they mount to the Stock crossmember? At any rate, if I already had the kit I would have used the MSA conversion, the only reason you see JTR so much is its relatively inexpensive for the kit and because of its placement of the engine which MSA apparently concurred with on they're latest kits. In the end it'll yield the same result, one fast Z car!

Good luck with it,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Hey, if you've got the kit and it's set back like jtr I think you should forge ahead, and document EVERYTHING. Who knows, you may discover something, and at the least you'll give another real option to everyone. if they had the jtr to go by who knows, maybe they found something to IMPROVE.

It's always kinda cool to be the first on your block........

Mark ZwebBUT.gif

Guest Anonymous

I posted this a few weeks ago, since then, I have purchased a 77 that has a scarab type setup which I will be changing to a JTR unit thanks to Mike KZ.