HybridZ

what fits with these tranny needs?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im wanting to know what the best tranny would be for my situation. i like the t56's, but the gearing is all wrong. i need something beefy, but i also want something that is a 1:1 5th gear and a not overly overdriven... basically a close ratio t56 with closer ratios and a reasonable 6th gear.

some that ive thought might be about right (tho i havent researched much):

the 2jz 6 speeds, or the 6 speed out of an M5...i cant think of any other 6's that are the right layout offhand.

thanx,

eric

Guest Anonymous

well, money really isnt an issue...not that im made of money, but i am willing to save as long as i need to so i can get the good stuff...id rather buy more than i can afford the first time than get by on something lesser and end up paying more and getting less.

only thing is, can an adapter plate be made to run a new 5.7 hemi thru these ROD's?

thanx,

eric

Why not make adjustments with the rear gear, a 1:1 5th without going custom trans, can't say I've heard of such a thing.

The 1993 Camaro/Firebird 6 speed is a close ratio trans, 30% drop in each gear, 6th I think is .67

$1000-$1500 or $3000+, hmm... smile.gif

well, money really isnt an issue...not that im made of money, but i am willing to save as long as i need to so i can get the good stuff...
I know what you mean, but unless you want a $70,000 240Z eventually compromises have to be made :(

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Mudge:

Why not make adjustments with the rear gear, a 1:1 5th without going custom trans, can't say I've heard of such a thing.

The 1993 Camaro/Firebird 6 speed is a close ratio trans, 30% drop in each gear, 6th I think is .67

$1000-$1500 or $3000+, hmm... smile.gif

quote:

well, money really isnt an issue...not that im made of money, but i am willing to save as long as i need to so i can get the good stuff...
I know what you mean, but unless you want a $70,000 240Z eventually compromises have to be made
:(

well if it comes to 70 grand, it comes to 70 grand, itll just take a little longer to get it. :eek: no matter how i end up doing my car, it will be something i can daily drive, cuz i cant justify it any other way. btw, im hoping to start up a custom car shop in a couple years, and this is gonna be my first project.

hail.gif 240Z

eric burnout.gif