HybridZ

r200 obx diff into longnose

mr jdm

Hey whats up, i have a few questions that have been answered a million times and have actually spent a few days searching and just reading around. Its hard to put everything together and there really is an overwhelming amount of knowledge.

I have a 77 280z, it was imported from japan and manual from the factory. Im dropping the whole rear subframe tomorrow and Im assuming it already has a r200 long nose in it, thats what it looked like at least.

The only question I have, is after swapping an r200 obx lsd in, and using these http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=144963 for the spacers going from 12mm to 10mm,

my question is, can I use the halfshafts that are on there already so my only major purchase is the OBX lsd?

you know what I just found another thread, and according to it I can use the stock 280z halfshafts, can somebody back me up ?

The OBX that I purchased what you have stated/found out above is true. So the stock inputs will work :) and you will need to get some spacers for the M12 vs M10 this assumes your R200 is the early type that has the M10 - more common than the long nose M12 version (I have not found one yet and that includes getting long nose R200 from a number of late model JDM saloon cars ie 83-85 Nissan Laurel's etc)