HybridZ

how loud is your valve train?

fentin_fury

I think I may be hearing things but....

I pulled the Z out of storage over the weekend after a long winter. Starting it in the enclosed space and letting it idle I noticed valve train noise - specifically on the intake side. I know the RB26 is a bucket system - I just wonder how much valve train noise would be acceptable.

Obviously this is hard to describe in words. I will say I cannot hear the valve train noise from inside the car. It is lightly noticeable when the hood is closed.

I will like pull of the valve cover and check on the intake side. Has anyone else here experienced having to adjust the cam clearance?

I am running tomei pro cams with tomei springs.

Q

I think mine is kinda noisy also, but I assumed it was because of performance springs (Tomei), medium lift/dur cam, and the fact that I have a thin alum sheet metal plenum, which allows the valve noise to heard thru it on the intake side.

To me, it's not a sound to be concerned about, cause I know everything is set correctly in the head, so it has to be due to the reason above....