HybridZ

New to Hybrid and got some questions about compatability and swaps

RUZN

OK.

First off hello all. I have loved Z's since I was in grade 6, and while walking to school I watched a guy prolly about my age now (29) rebuilding a 260Z in his front lot for over 2 years till i went to highschool. when he finished I was walking by I noticed he was cleaning it and I said.. "what kind of car is that".. He replied with a smile... a 260Z.. and offered me a ride to school.... yep hooked...

Long story short, I found my first Z a 1981 280zx N/A which I lightly tuned up but it is dying of underbody rust. SO after buying several more Nissans from 200sx's to 240sx's I happened upon yet another 280.. This time the great L28ET.

its a 1982 T-Tops and im am the 3rd owner. So everything is still in tact even the Injector fan cooler thingy =-)

But as I have been into modding for years its all got to go!!!.. lol.. SO

Its an Auto first off (ahhh!!!) but I still own my 1981 280zx N/A with a 5 speed manual so Im gonna do the swap before I hit my 1st and 2nd years of Automotive Mechanics.... Also since im on EI and waiting for school I have 1 month to make some magic happen.. Now.. List of parts I have obtained from the scrap.

According to "Afshin" I needed..

Dizzy (I got a 1987 Maxima)

Ecu (1987 Turbo 300zx freshly crashed)

Turbo( 1987 300zx Freshly crashed)

MAF (1987 300zx)

Basically everything on the shopping list needed for the Z31 ECU swap into a s130T

Now. I have customed a 3" exhaust myself witht the pipe bender at work with literally no bends other than under the rear control arm which even then I angled gradually to keep it almost straight and complimented that with a Nice big Magnaflow exhaust.

Did a bunch of regular maintenance IE (Diff fluids, brakes,blah blah blah)

Now I have taken off the manifolds and turbo swapped some turbo components from the 300zxt turbo and 280zx turbo to make one nice one.

Ported the Turbo (everything lol did this to my talon turbo to made it spool much nicer) I am going to increase the Jpipe to 2.5" (Fab one up) Modded the pop off valve to accept about 12psi before it opens. Removed EGR

Found a VG30 (Maxima 65mm inlet to 60mm where it joins manifold) throttle body. which I then took Motorcycle brake cable and flipped the throttle body upsidedown allowing direct connect to Intake manifold without spacer and linked cable to the old linkage at firewall. kinda neat for $33CDN total. Ported the manifold obviously to 60mm tapered to accept 60mm TB. Ported intake manifold to Head holes slightly larger to allow more flow and Ported Head to accept the flow. K/N filter cant find my old Talon intercooler yet so havent fab'd that in place yet so will run obviously around 10psi for now.

Now... I couldnt find any injectors as of yet to handle more power in future so just might buy new for peace of mind. But! has anyone tried to put HICAS on a 280zx from a 240sx and also has the reliability of the ECU swap held up for all who have done it?

Ty for your reading time I will be posting some pics of TB swap porting done the patient but backyard way lol and other such things. Lotsa painting litsa wirebrushing to go yay!

Least this one came with only about 4.5% rust none on underbody.. Miricle I know!!!

Of forgot the other question!!! or more blabbing.. Ok the 300ZXT turbo has the additional water cooling soooo where would one hook that into? prehaps off the cold start valve tube? Cause my TB has the through pipe ontop and I figure I could t one line off from there to the turbo or should I just let the oil cooler lines to the turbo do it or what!!! kinda swampped with all the ♥♥♥♥ im doing so hard to concentrate need other minds LOL.. Im thinking I could just T it off some line somewhere maybe to heater core go around back of engine to the tubo and then link in somewhere any ideas? Cause a Coller tubo is a lasting turbo right!!! lol