HybridZ

hey folks, been a while..

datsunlover

So I got this email last week about my account being 'purged' so I thought id log on and keep it goin for now... I see a few names I recognize, and a lot of new ones, but maybe a few people will remember me :)

Anyway, I was buisy last summer playing with another project (V8 Mazda rx7) and working, and then the bottom fell out of everything.. Split up with my girlfriend, got laid off, my truck broke, and even my cat got sick and I had to put her down.... :shock: All in the span of 2 weeks in the begining of september 08. I know, sounds like a country song... :icon56:

I figured things would turn around.. got by on a few cash jobs and unemployment (witch is a JOKE btw...) but it has only got worse; my old boss is selling machines, and hasn't had real work for 5 months, places are laying off and a few have closed.. so I have been working on my house non stop for the last 4-5 months and it's about done. There's a sign out front, and with luck I'll sell in a month or two.. Should get out with enough to pay off the mortgage, all my debts, and have a bit left over.. Sucks though, cause the place is really nice now, got my jam room in the basement, a decent shop, still have the Z (had to sell the RX7) and tools galore... but with no job, just have no way to pay all the stinkin bills!

I'm gona try to hang on to the z, and hopefully get back to it someday.. Short term plan is to get a storage unit for the z /parts/some tools and take my music gear and some clothes with me and go on the road for a while this summer. Gona off the daily driver 01 Exterra for whatever I can get, pile my stuff in a 93 Suburban and jet. (bought this thing for $800 last fall, runs good, cheep to fix and has enough room for all my crap ) A friend (also the drummer I've been jaming with, AND my engine builder) is gona come along for the ride, cause he's got nothing left here either. He has a brother and some friends out west who play, so it seams like the time to do it! :rockon:

Anyhoo... I'm tired of writing a novel, so I'm gona go now. Later folks. )

The music business is a bitch. I wouldn't wish it on anyone who didn't love it.

Then again, so's restoring/modifying cars.

Keep on keeping on my man. It can't rain forever.

There's just not enough water.

Here's hoping your hard work on the house pays off.

Nawwh. Haven't forgotten ya.

Good luck with the road trip. I remember when a lot in my life went "south" and I hit the road for a couple of months to make a clean "er" break. Hang on to the Z if ya can, but don't let storage fees get ya into worse finances. Z's are still available. You know how to get a hold of me.

Good luck.

Scott.

Hey scott! :) Nah, I think 2 or 3 months should be enough time for me to find, well.. something to do with my life! lol 2-3 months of storage fees shouldn't ding me too bad, and if I havn't figured something out or found work during that time.. , I guess I'll make the decision then to part with the Z... But for now, I'm actually kinda excited just to be a 'free man' and just pick up and go... should be an interesting time... :burnout: