HybridZ

Built a new center console, now i have a problem

lammbn

So i have been spending way too much time working on this custom fiberglass center console for my 78' 280z. one of the perks of being laid off without hope of getting a new job i guess. :hs: anyways as you can see in the pictures below i used a variant of the green floral foam method to shape the console then fiberglassed over it. it was difficult and i had to scrap it several times before i figured out the best way to evenly shape it all.

But the problem now is that i hot glued all the foam down to the tranmssion tunnel and now i can't pull it off. i've pulled as hard as i dare without fear of breaking it. i have it all free from the sides of the tunnel thanks to all the tin foil i laid down before i glassed it all. does anybody with or without experience with this method of fiberglassing have any ideas how to get it off without breaking it?

I'll post more pictures of the fabrication process when i finally figure out where i saved the rest of the pictures i've been taking for the last 3 weeks or so.

Console_39_.JPG

Console_40_.JPG