HybridZ

R230 output shaft source

jbc3

Looking for a set of R230 output shafts. Anyone familiar with a decent (cheap) source? Of course I wouldn't mind an entire differential if I can't find output shafts.

Also, I pulled the rear off and tried to remove the good output shaft, in hopes to drive out the broken shaft and I got nowhere. Anyone have a trick to get these things out?

Why am I asking??? Well, the first day at the track this year with a new set of slicks and a fresh VHT spray down and one of my output shafts was quite unhappy.

output-shaft-a.jpgoutput-shaft-b.jpg

Jody

Edited by jbc3
Added pictures

Actually, I ended up pulling the rear out and used a long pry bar and it actually the output shaft came out easy. (I was being lazy at first) I need to pretty much pull the rear 70% of the way to get the cover off since I have a hand made welded frame, so I just dropped it out. Fortunately it is actually fairly easy. It's a good thing also, since there was quite a bit of metal chips in the rear and I cleaned it out completely. I bought a complete R230 and it should have it in a couple of days.

Jody

The only way I was able to do it with the Q45 diff was to use a dead blow and just continuously pound on it until I could get a prybar in there.