HybridZ

R200 LSD 240z Install -- Please Help!!

Guest Anonymous

Acey,

I am assuming that you mean the 'crossmember' that goes to the rear of the diff (and is the top housing for the rear of the lower control arms)?

If so, this may (or may not) help. When I installed my R230, it fouled with this 'crossmember', so all I did was to cut out the piece between the control arm mounts and wld in a section of rectangular tubing, which gave me enough space to clear the cooling fins on the R230.

fca83be8.jpg

fca83be4.jpg

Tim

Guest Anonymous

Thank you for the reply - That is the type of bracket I am looking for.

However I really want the name / email of the person that sells these pre-fabricated.

One of my friends from the Z club of Houston bought one, and can't remember his contact information.

If anybody reading this post knows it, please reply... Otherwise we will have to make one.

Guest Anonymous

I have a 1971 240z

I am trying to install an R-200 LSD from a Z31 Turbo, and I need a special bracket to do it. We are also going to upgrade it to the 4.11 ratio from another r-200 (currently in my 240).

I have looked EVERYWHERE, and not found this bracket for sale, although I have found various posts in my searches mentioning that this bracket is available.

Do any of you know where I can find this bracket or have dimensions so I can have one fabricated?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!! Please post an email address where I can get one of these if you know it... or send me a private message!!

Thanks,

Acey

Guest Anonymous

Well thanks for the lesson in searching...

I had searched, but didn't use the magic words I guess... I was searching on 'LSD Bracket' and 'LSD Kit' which didn't yield JACK-SQUAT! I never thought of it as a brace I guess...

Anyway, I emailed the guy. However he still doesn't seem to have any of these so I guess I am out of luck unless I swap the covers, or fabricate my own brace...

Thanks,

Acey