HybridZ

240Z 300ZXT CV Axle Conversion

NCZZZ

I am adapting 300ZXT CV Axles with Modern Motorsports (MM) CV Adapters with 280Z flanges into a 71' 240 with R200. I have OEM CV axles from 86' #))ZXT. My diff is out for rebuild. I searched around when considering this conversion and most people were in favor of the MM adapters and according to their website flip the bearing cage on the axle and it is a bolt in. Now I am finding some posts stating there needs to be grinding done, etc. and the issue of binding and low amount of travel in the axle. I am spending alot of $$$ on this differential. I need to be sure it will not be damaged.

Naturally I did not find these posts until today. Yesterday, I finally got my rear suspension put back in. I am hoping this can be addressed without having the MM adapters machined.

Any input would be appreciated.

Anyone do this exact swap into a 71'?

I am adapting 300ZXT CV Axles with Modern Motorsports (MM) CV Adapters with 280Z flanges into a 71' 240 with R200. I have OEM CV axles from 86' #))ZXT. My diff is out for rebuild. I searched around when considering this conversion and most people were in favor of the MM adapters and according to their website flip the bearing cage on the axle and it is a bolt in. Now I am finding some posts stating there needs to be grinding done, etc. and the issue of binding and low amount of travel in the axle. I am spending alot of $$$ on this differential. I need to be sure it will not be damaged.

Naturally I did not find these posts until today. Yesterday, I finally got my rear suspension put back in. I am hoping this can be addressed without having the MM adapters machined.

Any input would be appreciated.

Anyone do this exact swap into a 71'?

NCZZZ: Have done this exact modification and plenty more. If you have a stock rear strut and spring, you should have more than adequate room for the MM CV adapters and CV halfshafts. I went further by shortening the struts, installing 8" coilovers and adjustable sleeves for the bottom of the coil spring. Additionally, I have a R200 Clutch Limited Slip Differential installed. The shortened struts put somewhat a squeeze on the drivers side CV half shaft yet I still have a small amount of play with the rear struts cambered outward. All of this is in my early 1971 Series 1 240Z.